Tuesday 9 November 2010

Warrington Frame

Here is my finished frame, started at ArtsyCrafts in Warrington. The colour scheme was citrus burst. This is a joint effort - I had ripped my cardboard, painted it and painted my canvas before I had to go home.  Lynne very kindly stamped and put embossing powder on my pieces, painted the frame and stuck the pieces in to the frame. She embossed the metal strips for the top and bottom of the frame for me too.

Lynne also made those fabulous flowers with metal, card and tissue paper.  I only had to finish off a couple of them, so THANK YOU Lynne, thank you Leandra for suggesting that I leave my frame so it could have some more work done to it, and thank you Lin for posting it to me so promptly.

So......... I had to decide how to arrange my flowers and then make some stems and leaves:

I painted some grungepaper with distress ink and glimmer mist and then stamped some script on to it using the same distress ink.  Then I put the grungepaper through a ribbler to make it slightly corrugated - blimey that was hard work, I almost broke my wrist! LOL!
Then I just had to cut some strips for stems, cut a few leaves out and glue them on to the frame.

The moth was die cut from metal and stamped with a stamp from Paperartsy using Stazon ink.

5 comments:

Paul B said...

Wonderful - now I have an appreciation for working with metal, I can truly see all the work you've put into this. Hope it finds pride of place in your home somewhere. It deserves it. Px

Michele said...

Beautiful - what a great idea to use the ribbler and grunge paper for the stems and leaves! x

Netty said...

Totally fabulous, such a great piece of art. Annette x

kjjc said...

lovely to see it finished and so glad you like it. Great idea to balance the top flower by putting another one on the side. Great.

Alisonph said...

This looks lovely. Glad you put your own 'stamp' on it too - looks fab x