Saturday, 27 February 2010

Quick Journal page.

Just been having a play with Fired Brick and Dusty Concorde distress inks, then oversprayed with red and periwinkle glimmer mists.  Background is various Tim Holtz and PaperArtsy stamps, then I had a bit of a doodle with a sharpie pen.

Play Date Cafe Challenge 18.

This week on the Play Date Cafe Challenge it's black and white with a splash of teal.  There are some stunning entries, go over and have a look, but here is my effort:


Swirl is Tim Holtz
Brad is K & Co
PP is 7gypsies
Coloured Cardstock and ink is Taken with Teal by SU

Must apologise again for the quality of photo - my SLR battery has died and I can't put my hand on the battery charger at the moment, so using my really old digi camera and it's not brill! Still, not to worry, I'm sure the charger is in a "safe" place! Ha ha - I'll find it when I'm looking for something else.
Have a great weekend! X

Thursday, 25 February 2010

Tuesday Taggers - Get Messy!

I certainly did get messy making this tag for my craft room.  My hands were covered in distress inks first of all, then they were covered in Terra, Ferra and Viva metallic paints for the outside part of the tag!

Stamps used are from Papertrey and Tim Holtz.

Distress Inks were Peeled Paint and Spiced Marmalade.

Embellishments are from Tim Holtz and from PaperArtsy.
The light is terrible this morning and I couldn't get a good photo, so I'm uploading 3 bad ones! Sorry !  LOL!!!!!!

Saturday, 20 February 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge No 17

I made an ATC for the Play Date Cafe Challenge this week:

Stamps are Zettiology, and Paperartsy.  Inks: Fired Brick and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks. I added a little Tim Holtz metal, part of a Tim Holtz tag and some words from a book, plus a little dewdrop.
I found the ribbon in my stash.
Thanks for looking X

Thursday, 4 February 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge No 15

The Play Date Cafe Challenge No 15 was announced today and I just love these yummy colours.

I decided to make a cover for my Art Journal:

I stamped the medallion stamp from SU in chocolate chip ink on to kraft cardstock, then I inked in the centre using a rust ink pad and a blender pen and added some distress stickles.
I masked the medallion image and used a Tim Holtz stamp and navy ink to stamp some background patterns. With the mask still in place I sprayed the whole thing with Frosty night glimmer mist.
I coloured a page of text with Jo Sonja's jade ink and cut a zig zag pattern out of it to put on the bottom of the page. It looked a bit too bright at first so I made it a bit more "muddy" looking as below:

I spelled "journal" using mini alpha stickers on a Tim Holtz journalling tag and attached it to the page using a Tim Holtz frame.
Finally I punched holes with my crop-a-dile, and added some eyelets and ribbon, then mounted the whole thing on some rust cardstock.
Thank you to everyone who leaves me such encouraging comments - they are all appreciated. X.

Wednesday, 3 February 2010

How to make 3 cards from one die cut.

I made these three Valentine's Day cards by cutting just one die cut heart on my Sizzix machine. For the first card above I just used the heart shape that I had cut. Base card and sentiment is SU, and I cut a border on Kraft cardstock with my Martha Stewart heart border punch. Gems by papermania.

For the second card above I used the negative left after cutting the heart as a template and stamped through it with brown ink on to the kraft cardstock. Sentiment stamp is by Scenic route and gem is K & Co, coloured with a copic marker.

For my final card I cut around the negative so it had a square surrround and turned it over to hide all the brown ink left over from my previous card. Main heart stamp is scenic route and sentiment is by Papermania. I highlighted the card with stickles and fine red glitter.
The flash has washed out the colours quite a bit - the red is deeper in real life. They are not fussy, but quick and simple. Thanks for looking X.

Monday, 1 February 2010

Playing with Glimmer Mists, Kraft cardstock and Lavinia

Last week I decided to make some backgrounds with glimmer mists. On the card above I embossed a swirl pattern in black first, then I randomly sprayed a green, red and a brown/gold glimmer mist on to Kraft card. I love how these inks look on kraft card, it's really subtle.

For the main image I stamped foliage on the background first, again using kraft cardstock and cappuccino ink. I added some gold pigment pearls too using a fern stamp, but it's hard to see those on the photo.
Next I used a gorgeous Lavinia stamp and embossed it with gold dazzle embossing powder.
The last step was to spray the whole thing with a red glimmer mist and stamp a little more foliage in the foreground.
Finally I just layered it all up with black cardstock and some more kraft card and brown ink.

The card above on the left was made by using versamark and bronze pearl pigments on the base card itself. The main image is black embossed (beautiful Lavinia stamp again - one of my favourites at the moment) and on the background behind the flowers I have stamped swirls in versamark ink and then sprayed green and brown glimmer mists over the top.
The edges were finished with a Martha Stewart punch.
My kraft cardstock supply is getting low - only have enough left for a couple of Valentine's cards.......................think it's time to go shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!