Monday 30 November 2009

Completed Noel Tags

Here are the rest of my Christmas Tags that I started a couple of weeks ago. It was very hard to take photos because the light here has been shocking for about a month - we just keep having torrential rain day after day, so I took some very quick (i.e. rubbish!) pictures during a short brighter spell.
All the papers and images are Graphic 45 again - just love their papers and can't get enough of them this year.
The little bells on the "N" and the "E" are from chocolate santas and reindeers by Lindt. You see I have no willpower and thought it was a good excuse to eat the chocolate so that I could use the bells. LOL! You will notice that I have only eaten 2 though, so I have shown a little restraint (so far!)
We've just spent the weekend in the Lake District - those rivers are certainly swollen!
We went to a wonderful Dickensian Christmas Fair in Ulverston. All the shopkeepers were dressed in Victorian clothes, there was a fun fair, stalls, mulled wine, roasted chestnuts, carol singers, a Punch and Judy show, a coconut shy, to mention just a few attractions. The whole thing was rounded off with a procession which included Santa Claus and Queen Victoria. It was just the thing to put me in a festive mood, so I think I'd better be finding those Christmas decorations in the loft pretty soon.
Hope you all had a great weekend too. x

5 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

What an amazing weekend you had, Anne! Wish I could have been with you!!!

I've only been to England once--can't wait to get back! The Lake District was, by far, my favorite stop--the beauty is just surreal there!

The Christmas Fair sounds like just the thing to get you in the holiday mood--how wonderful!

And not to forget...your tags are just gorgeous! You have amazing restraint only eating the two chocolates! No telling what would have happened at my house!

Thanks for your visits...you're always so kind to me! Hope you have a lovely, although wet, day!

Michele said...

These are beautiful, Anne! I know what you mean about the lack of light - it's the same here, never gets brighter than dusk!! Sounds like you had a lovely weekend in the Lake District x

Unknown said...

Anne,these look incredible! I love what you have done with them. Your weekend sounded lovely! I haven't put my decorations up yet, but hopefully will this weekend.
Alicia xx

Bunty said...

Lovely tags Anne! Did you use a template for the star base?

Barbara x

peggy gatto said...

These are really well done!!!